If you are looking for one of the more powerful power station options, the Yeti 1500X would be an excellent option for you. It checks all the boxes in terms of power, performance, ports, and also the fact that it can power most of the high-energy consuming devices and appliances like a full-size refrigerator, laptop, and even medical devices. Its power and performance notwithstanding, there are other power stations on the market that would make great alternatives to the Yeti 1500X.
This article shares insights into this Yeti 1500X power station, along with its best alternatives – the Jackery Explorer 1000. While most of the power station alternatives on the market aren’t as powerful as the Yetis, they still boast remarkable features and functions that give the Yeti a good run for the money. The Explorer 1000 is Jackery’s largest and most powerful power station. It makes a great alternative for the Yeti 1500X thanks to the 3rd AC outlet incorporated into it. Its power is about 500W less than the power of the Yeti, but its portable size, AC ports, and inverter rating are just some of the additional features that make this Jackery Explorer 1000 a great alternative to the Yeti 1500X.
To determine how exactly these two power stations differ from each other and what you should know about them before purchase, we’ll first give you a run-down of the Yeti 1500X, then the Explorer 1000.
Note that the other great alternatives to the Yeti 1500X include the Bluetti EB 150 and the ALLPOWERS Monster X 1500Wh Portable Power Station.
So, how does the Yeti 1500X compare with the other powerful power stations?
Goal Zero Yeti 1500X Alternatives – Comparison Table
Solar Power Stations
Power Capacity (Watt-Hours)
Jackery Explorer 1000
3*110V AC outlets
MAXOAK BLUETTI EB150
ALLPOWERS Monster X 1500Wh Portable Power Station
4*AC outlets, including a Pure Sine Wave, Peak 3300W, & 2000W outlets.
EcoFlow Delta 1300
6*AC Outlets in the 100V-120V range, and 1800W-3300W
Goal Zero Yeti 1500X Alternatives
Jackery Explorer 1000
- Clean and Unlimited Solar Energy: 100% green energy with smart MPPT controller for optimal charging...
- Easy to Use: The ergonomic shape of the handle grants an ease grip. And use in one touch with simple and...
- Safe & Reliable for Outdoor Camping: Features industry-leading cylindrical batteries (popular with...
- Power Pretty Much Anything: Power 90% home appliances with 1002Wh (1000W AC output power) and 8 outlets (3*AC...
- Quiet & Strong: At a such large capacity, this Explorer will leave you with VERY LITTLE to NO noise, giving...
The Explorer 1000 is a powerful power station, and it would be a great option for you if you are looking for a portable solution to power things up outdoors in the camper or the RV, but it would also be a great option if you need an emergency power option for use at home during emergencies.
It boasts 3 AC ports, 2 USB-A ports (one QC3.0 and one 12W), 2 USB-C ports (both 18W, and a 12V regulated port that is also the cigarette lighter, and an MPPT solar charge controller.
Then you have the two inputs like what’s offered by the Yeti 1500X – the 8mm input and the Anderson Powerpole. Only one of these inputs can be used at a time, maxing out at 126W for the solar panels, which means that it would take up to 8hours for the battery to be fully charged when using solar power.
The other thing worth noting is the fact that it boasts 500 cycles and weighs 22lbs, meaning that it is much lighter than the 1500X.
The screen also works great, and it allows you insights into the input and the output watts, the battery bars, and the battery percentage. It also comes with a built-in LED light on the side. The wall charger wattage is 163W, and charging it from 0% to 100% only takes 7 hours.
With these features, it is easy to see how the Jackery Explorer 1000 is a great option for you. But it is not the only one that you could opt for, which is why we’d also recommend MAXOAK BLUETTI EB150 1500Wh Portable Power Station. It is, in fact, the closest and great alternative for the Yeti 1500X.
- 【1500Wh Huge Capacity Power Station】MAXOAK EB150 is equipped with 1500Wh lithium power storage, and with a...
- 【Expandable Capacity】EB150 supports to handle1 BLUETTI B300(3072Wh) to expandable the capacity from 1500wh...
- 【High Efficient Solar Generator】With a wide solar recharge range 16-60V(OCV) ,you can connect multi solar...
- 【Multi Outputs for Various Power Needs】2*110V AC outlets for most household appliance under 1000W Such as...
- 【What You Get】1 * Portable power station(EB150), 1 * AC wall charger(200W), 1 * PV Solar Charging...
To keep your appliances, phones, and laptop powered throughout your trip, your RV/ camper could use a powerful power station like this 1500Wh power station by MAXOAK.
Some of the features of this Bluetti EB150 include:
- Battery Capacity and High-Power of the power station – it boasts a large power capacity of 1500Wh, as well as an inverter rating of 1000W from the pure sine wave inverter. It also boasts a high-performance MPPT solar charge controller.
- It does, however, have 2 AC ports, as well as 4 USB-A 15W ports and a single USB-C PD 45W port – unlike the Jackery Explorer 1000’s 3 AC ports. There is also a 12V regulated cigarette lighter por
- There is also the 500 cycles that you get to enjoy with this power station at up to 80%. On top of all that, there is a 200W wall charger to boot. The input for this power station is an 8mm input capable of handling solar panels between 16V-68V, to a maximum of 500W total power.
- Regarding its portability, its weight is in between the Yeti 1500X and the Jackery Explorer 1000, at 37.9lbs, which means that if you are looking for a portable power station, this would be a good option for you.
- The screen works great too, and it gives you details like the battery bars and the input/output watts. So, not as intuitive as one would have hoped.
It’s worth noting that the Bluetti power station boasts a high input voltage thanks to the exceptional MPPT solar charge controller, which also comes with a great powered battery for the best performance.
ALLPOWERS Monster X 1500Wh Portable Power Station
Last on the list is of Yeti 1500X alternatives is the ALLPOWERS monster X 1500 portable power station. It is one of the best power backups for outdoor use, and you could use it as an emergency backup option.
- With this power station, you can charge up to 11 devices at the same time, and the 1500Wh lithium-ion battery will offer great performance. Its pure sine wave inverter offers a maximum power of 2000W, with a peak of up to 3300W. There are 4 AC outlets, 2 USB-C ports, 4 USB-A ports, and 1 carport. The inverter ensures the best control and safety over your devices, especially the more sensitive devices, and electronics.
- Recharging it is equally easy, and you can recharge it using all three outlets simultaneously, giving you a full charge in 2.5 hours.
- On top of all that, it boasts a power generator Bluetooth technology that ensures a stable and much more advanced experience to ensure easy remote control over the power station.
EcoFlow Delta 1300
- 【Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options】DELTA features 6* AC outlet (100V-120V 1800W 3300W Peak),...
- 【Triple Rechargeable Modes Efficient Solar Generator】EcoFlow power station is equipped with a lithium...
- 【Recharge From 0% TO 80% Within 1 Hour】EFDELTA can be recharged from 0% to 80% in 1 hour and to 100% in 2...
- 【High Performance and Handy Power Source】DELTA is a portable power station with 1260Wh,which to meet...
- 【Product Guarantee & What You Can Get】 EcoFlow provides our dear customers with Guarantee of 24 months...
This EF Ecoflow Delta power station is the other great alternative for the Goal Zero Yeti 1500X. It is a high-powered power station whose battery also works as a UPS, providing as much as 1260Wh. Then you have the 6 AC outlets that ensure optimum performance of all your appliances, including full-size refrigerators, drones, in-car appliances, laptops, TV, etc. With this in mind, this portable power station is ideal for anyone going out camping in their RV. In addition to the solar charging option, you could also charge the lithium battery pack using the wall AC adapter or the car charger – a great win for days when it’s grey outside.
The other thing to note about its charging is the fact that this power station will charge really fast and the battery is fully charged in 2 hours, something that is made possible by Ecoflow’s patented X-Stream Technology that ensures the fastest charging speeds.
Regarding power, this power station packs a high power capacity of 1260Wh to meet your power needs, especially when you’re off-grid. Its performance is enhanced by the six 1800W AC outlets that can handle a power surge of 3300W – there is a pure sine wave inverter incorporated.
And to make sure that you are safe and for your devices to be protected, it features safety features such as overload protection, which allows a continuous input current above 20A, high/low-temperature protection, and AC power outlets.
Speaking of outlets, it has the following ports – 2*USB-C 60W, 2*28W Fast Charge ports, 2*USB-A ports, and 1* car port.
Finally, the power station weighs 30.9lbs.
With 1500Wh, the Yeti 1500X is one of the most powerful power stations, and it delivers great performance, powering your home if you live off the grid, in case of a power outage, and when traveling or camping. The inverter works great, and the MPPT solar charge controller as well, which means that it would be a worthy investment if you’re interested. If, on the other hand, you cannot afford the Yeti 1500X, then the Jackery Explorer 1000, the Bluetti EB150, and the ALLPOWERS Monster 1500Wh Portable Power Station might be excellent options for you. These alternatives are as powerful and versatile, but you don’t have to break the bank to afford them.
Who is the Goal Zero Yeti 1500X ideal for?
This power station is the best possible option if you are looking for a mid-tier model of power stations. The battery is a lithium battery that offers great performance in the long-term, and you may like it more not just because of the large 1516Wh capacity but also because of the 2000-watt hours of continuous power, but also the maximum of 3500W in case of surges. Its maximum input is 600W. Note, however, that despite its great power, it is not going to power your entire home, at least not in your modern lifestyle, because your home appliances will always suck down so much more juice from your power station. So, this 1500X is a great solution for emergencies and outdoor use.
But if you cannot afford the Yeti 1500X, then you’d want to opt for the alternatives offered above, like the Jackery Explorer 1000, the Bluetti EB150, or the ALLPOWERS Monster 1500Wh Portable Power Station. All these alternatives come with a reasonable number of ports for your devices, and you can charge your laptop or other Type-C devices using the USB-C port, which is featured in all these power stations.
How powerful do you need your power station’s inverter to be?
The inverter for the power station will depend on the power station’s battery capacity. You need a higher inverter rating for a bigger battery, and in most cases, the inverter rating should be up to 25% above the number of Wattage requirements.