Goal Zero is the leading brand of portable solar power stations or portable batteries, and their wide product variety makes them one of best go-to brands on the market today. With an increased inverter size, the high-speed power delivery, faster solar charging, faster wall charging, and the upgraded 12V port seen in the Yeti power stations, investing in any of their products would be a wise move, especially if you are planning to go camping, outdoor travel, or if you need an emergency generator for use at home.
But what are the best Goal Zero Yeti alternatives?
Jackery Explorer, the Maxoak Bluetti, and Ecoflow River are rated as the biggest brands for portable solar power stations/ solar generators, and they feature models that are excellent alternatives to the Goal Zero Yeti power stations. These brands differ in terms of the features that they offer, including power and battery capacity, charging options, number of ports, etc. Their product pricing options also vary but there is always something within your price range, which means that the solar stations offered by one of these brands would be better than others, depending on your needs – power, performance, and budget.
Overall, Goal Zero stands out as the top-rated brand of portable solar generators, offering some of the very best features and functions/ performance.
As you will see below, there are some excellent alternatives for you to try out. So, let’s jump right into these alternatives.
Goal Zero Yeti Alternatives – Comparison Table
Solar Power Stations
Power Capacity (Watt-Hours)
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300
USB QC 3.0 Port/ USB C (PD) 60W port/ 1 USB-A port
Ecoflow River 600 Max
3 (600W outlets with a 1200W maximum power capacity
100W USB-C PD/ 10 output ports
Ecoflow Delta Portable Power Station
6 AC Outlets (each supports 1800W
2*USB-A fast charge/ 2* USB-A ports/ 1* DC 13.6V standard port
Jackery Explorer 1000
3*110v AC outlets (max 1000W)
1*Quick Charge USB 3.0 port/ 2*USB-C/
Goal Zero Yeti Alternatives
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the...
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine...
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast...
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated...
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user...
First on our list is this Explorer 300 by Jackery, a portable power station that is the perfect alternative to a Yeti power station in the 300Wh range. It promises great performance and access to all the important features you need to enjoy your time outdoors or have power in the event of a power outage. And despite its size, it is quite portable.
Jackery Explorer offers some of the best features you seek. It comes with a regulated 12V output, which is missing from the other potential alternative brands, as well as a screen or the MPPT, which is a great function for any high-performance portable power station.
Here is a breakdown of the features that stand out from the Explorer 300:
- Inverter Rating and AC Outlets – this power station features 2 AC outlets that are powered by a reliable pure-sine wave inverter with a maximum output of 300W. Essentially, the pure sine wave inverter is a preferable, more effective option than the modified sine wave inverters. The difference between these two types of inverters is that with the pure sine wave inverters, the AC power from the inverter is quite close to the actual sine wave in terms of power transmission, while the modified sine wave inverter will have the polarity of the inverter switching from positive to negative rather abruptly. The latter is, therefore, not the ideal option if you will be charging your sensitive electronics with the power station whose inverter is modified. Also, the modified inverter will have a humming sound as it runs, unlike the pure sine wave inverters that are not only quiet but also ideal for use with sensitive pieces of electronics. Taking these features into consideration, it makes sense that the Jackery Explorer 300 is one of our top recommended alternatives for the Goal Zero.
- USB QC 3.0 Port – this is the other feature you may like if you are not sure about the Jackery Explorer 300. This QC 3.0 Port is an excellent option if you wish to charge your compatible devices a lot faster.
- Screen – this is another impressive feature of the Explorer 300. This screen not only shows you the percentage for the power and battery bars but also output and the input wattage.
On the flipside, the Jackery, only accepts a 62W power input from the solar panels – Most Yetis allow more power.
But thanks to the use of the MPPT charge controllers, the 8mm input, USB C (PD) 60W port, as well as 1 USB-A ports that support a maximum output of 12W. All these features make Jackery Explorer 300 a great alternative to the Goal Zero Yeti power stations in the 300W power capacity range.
Ecoflow River 600 Max
- ⚡【3 x AC OUTLETS AND 576Wh CAPACITY】 The Portable Power Station has 3 AC outlets and a capacity of...
- ⚡【RECHARGE FROM 0-80% WITHIN 1 HOUR】 EcoFlow X-Stream Charge technology recharges the power station from...
- ⚡【POWER UP TO 10 DEVICES SIMULTANEOUSLY】 EcoFlow’s X-Boost technology allows you to power devices up...
- ⚡ 【MODULAR DESIGN】Compare with RIVER Power Station + RIVER Extra Battery ,No need to install,easier for...
- ⚡【24 MONTHS PRODUCT GUARANTEE】 EcoFlow offers a 24*7 friendly customer service, and a 24 months product...
If you are looking for a small-to-medium power station for travel, something that is both portable and function, with a bit more power to power up most of your electronic devices, then the Ecoflow River 600 Max would be a great solution for you. Ecoflow River 600 is a better alternative to the Yeti in the following ways:
- It boasts a smarter inverter – The Ecoflow 600 boasts a smart inverter capable of powering different devices up to 1800W. This is a special inverter means that you can use this power station to power at least 80% of all your kitchen devices, DIY tools, and home appliances. And since you wouldn’t have to turn on the inverter functionality for use, this automation makes it an excellent option for you.
- 3 AC outlets are present in the River 600 Max, and you can charge multiple devices at the same time and without worrying about your laptop or phone going off.
- WiFi connectivity – this is the other impressive feature of Ecoflow River 600, and it allows you to control and monitor your power station’s performance right from your phone from the app.
- Larger battery capacity – River 600Max boasts a battery capacity of 576watt-hours with an extra battery installed. This battery gives you more than enough juice to keep your devices running seamlessly, for days.
- Faster charging – The River 600 Max will handle a maximum power of 200W of solar input, with a full charge acquired within 2 hours, and it would take up to 1.6hours to charge this power station.
- 100W USB-C PD – The River 600 Max is considered the only power station that features a 100W USB-C OD port that is not only a great option for power output but also one of the most powerful ports that would charge your 16-inch Macbook at full speed.
The other features that make the River 600 Max stand out to include its modular design that allows you to add an extra battery if you wish to, as well as its functional versatility thanks to the car charger option, the USB cable, MC4 adapter, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
This power station also features excellent screen displays for the battery percentage, input and output wattage, empty or full time, and battery bars. It uses the MPPT charge controllers – the River 600 tends to handle much more input power, though, and it also features fast USB-A ports and 12V cigarette lighter ports.
Ecoflow Delta Portable Power Station
- 【Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options】DELTA features 6* AC outlet (100V-120V 1800W 3300W Peak),...
- 【Triple Rechargeable Modes Efficient Solar Generator】EcoFlow power station is equipped with a lithium...
- 【Recharge From 0% TO 80% Within 1 Hour】EFDELTA can be recharged from 0% to 80% in 1 hour and to 100% in 2...
- 【High Performance and Handy Power Source】DELTA is a portable power station with 1260Wh,which to meet...
- 【Product Guarantee & What You Can Get】 EcoFlow provides our dear customers with Guarantee of 24 months...
The EcoFlow Delta is a great alternative to the Goal Zero Yeti like the 1000X in that it offers some of the most elegant features expected from the high-powered power stations, specifically the kind that would help you get through a few days off-grid.
Some of the features offered include;
- An increased battery capacity of up to 1260 watt-hours, which is a great win for you because a higher number of watt-hours corresponds to more time for powering your devices.
- It further boasts a very powerful inverter that is based on the pure sine wave inverter system. The best parts about this Ecoflow Delta is that its power output maxes at 1800W just like that of your household’s 15A outlets. Delta also offers more surge watts of 300watts at 3300W, which translates to more power for your devices.
- There is also the faster charging offered by Ecoflow Delta, and it charges from 0% to 80% in just an hour.
- And it further sports more ports for charging (6 AC outlets, 2 USB-A ports, 2 USB-A QC 3.0 ports, 2 USB-C PD 60W ports), as well as one additional regulated 12V cigarette lighter output.
- Delta is considerably lightweight for the power it packs. At 30.9lbs, it allows for easy trips and you can move it around as easily. Unfortunately, the Ecoflow Delta only features the USB-C ports that only work as an output. And though it features a screen, it doesn’t display as much detail as what’s seen with the Goal Zero Yeti power stations. Most Yetis provide details like the battery voltage, wattage hours, output amps, battery bars, battery percentage, input/ output watts, as well as the time to full/ empty. Only the battery percentage and watt journal are seen with the Ecoflow Delta.
Jackery Explorer 1000
- MASSIVE CAPACITY & IMPRESSIVE ENDURANCE: With the 1000W wattage and 1002Wh capacity, this Explorer features 3...
- UPGRADE ENDLESS SOLAR POWER: As an option to own the endless solar power, the Explorer 1000 can gear up with...
- POWERFUL & VERSATILE PORTS: The Explorer 1000 features 3 standard PURE SINE WAVE AC outlets, which will...
- NOISELESS, STRONG & SAFE: At a such large capacity, this Explorer will leave you with VERY LITTLE to NO noise,...
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station (1002Wh Portable Power Station), 1*AC Adapter,...
The Jackery Explorer 1000 is one of the biggest power stations developed by Jackery. It boasts an incredibly high level of performance that is comparable to that of the Goal Zero Yeti power stations. The one feature that really stands out has got to be its 3rd AC outlet. Even so, it’s a great alternative given its portability and smaller size.
- It boasts a lifecycle of 500 cycles at 80%, an MPPT solar charge controller, 3 AC ports, 1002Wh battery capacity, along with an inverter rating of 1000W with a 2000W surge and the pure sine wave inverter. It has a 163W wall charger wattage that charges it fully in 7 hours.
- It sports three 110V, 1000W outlets and the power of this rig makes it a great option for anyone looking for a reliable off-grid power source that lasts many days on the road. And you can power up everything, from your blender and even the full-size refrigerators and cookers.
- The powerful Pure Sine Inverters mean you can easily power up more AC devices easily, while the pass-through charging ensures fast and safe charging of your phone and your laptops
- It’s also noiseless and safe.
The other options for the Goal Zero Yeti models are the Moxoak Bluetti EB240 and the Bluetti AC200P.
If you are looking for most reliable power stations that make excellent alternatives for the Goal Zero Yeti Power Stations, then the options above from brands like Jackery and Ecoflow would be the best ones for you.
What is a power station made up of?
While the power station features several parts, the three main parts of a power station are the battery that holds the electricity, the inverter that converts the DC to AC, and the solar charge controller that allows you to safely recharge your batteries using the solar panels. The controller is also important in regulating the voltage and the amperage of the unit, protecting the batteries in the process.
Do the solar generators or power stations come with solar panels?
No, they do not. The solar panels are only incorporated when you’re buying the power station kit.
What’s the ideal battery capacity for the power station?
Well, the battery capacity depends on your needs and the devices you intend to power – how long and how often. So, if you need a power station to support lights at 30Wh, the TV 9120Wh), laptop (500Wh), tablet (20Wh), and phone (20Wh), then you need a power station with a minimum of 800Wh for the best level of inverter efficiency – but for just one day. If traveling for 3 or 4 days, then you’d need a power station with a power output of 2400Wh or 3200Wh.